Sunday, January 10, 2016

It IS What You Look at that Counts

Recently I saw the beginnings of what could turn out to be a fabulous sunset. I scooped up my camera and bolted outside in anticipation.  I took a few shots as the intensity of the colors increased but this sunset was over fairly quickly so I retired back inside to look at my images.

Interesting. All these pictures were taken within minutes of each other, and they certainly aren't the greatest pictures I've ever taken, but the message is there just the same: I could put my attention on the fabulous sunset ...

Or I could be drawn in by the distractions, in this case very pretty distractions, and miss my sunset....


However, another option would be just to focus on the light beyond the distractions.


That was just the reminder I needed.  A great metaphor for life for me.  If I keep my eyes on the goal, and not look at the distractions I will have success in my endeavors.




Now this is the way I want to start my new year.









1 comment:

Cheryl Ann said...

Beautiful photos, as usual, Barb! Yes, we all need to keep our eyes on the path ahead.
~Cheryl Ann~